Looking for free homeowners insurance quotes? Want to know where to get the cheapest quotes from reputable companies in a matter of minutes? Here's where to go and what to do.
Free Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Getting free homeowners insurance quotes these days is as simple as going to an insurance website and answering a few questions. However, some site are better than others.
If you want to get the cheapest homeowners insurance from a reputable company your best bet is to go to an insurance comparison website where you'll receive quotes from multiple companies. Then you can compare those quotes and choose the best rate from the best company.
The better insurance comparison sites even have a chat feature that allows you to talk online with an insurance expert who can answer any questions you may have. (See link below.)
Homeowners Insurance Discounts
* Raising your deductible by a couple of hundred dollars can save you a couple of hundred dollars a year on your insurance premiums.
* Adding safety features to you home like fire alarms, burglar alarms, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, dead bolts, and smoke detectors can get you a sizable discount on your homeowners insurance.
* Buying your homeowners insurance and auto insurance from the same company can save you a few hundred dollars on your premiums.
* Getting a senior's discount, if you're a retired senior, can get you 10% off your homeowners insurance with some companies.
* If the members of your household are all non-smokers you can get a non-smokers discount with most insurance companies.
Insurance Company Ratings
Last, but not least, you want to make sure you're buying your homeowners insurance from a reputable company who will pay your claims and pay them on time.
To find out what a company's claims history is I recommend going to two websites:
1. Your state's department of insurance website to see what companies have had claims filed against them. If your state doesn't list claims, go to California's website - www.insurance.ca.gov - to get this information.
2. Epinions.com to get ratings and reviews of various insurance companies by their customers.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/homeowners-insurance.html or click on the following link to get free homeowners insurance quotes and see how much you can save. You can get more homeowners insurance tips by checking out their "Articles" section.
The author, Brian Stevens, is a former insurance agent and financial consultant who has written a number of articles on free homeowners insurance quotes.