Because teenagers have the worst driving record of any age group - they accounted for more than 6,500 driving fatalities in the U.S. last year - teenage car insurance premiums are the highest. So how can you get cheap car insurance for your teen son or daughter? Read on ...
Cheap Auto Insurance for Teens Tips
Here are some tips on how to get cheap auto insurance for your teen son or daughter ...
* Raise their deductible - raising your teenager's deductible from $100 to $500 can lower their insurance premium by 10% to 20%.
* Change cars - the difference between insuring a souped-up sports car and a conservative sedan can be as much as $1,000 or more.
* Put your teen on your policy - by insuring your teenage son or daughter on your car insurance policy, you can get up to a 15% discount on their premium.
* Have your teenager take driver's training - getting your teenager to take a driver's ed course will save you 10% to 15% on their insurance and will give you a little peace of mind to boot.
* Encourage your teen to get good grades - you can get a 10% discount in some states if your son or daughter gets good grades in school.
* Get them to chip in - having your teenage son or daughter pay for a portion of their auto insurance premium will not only save you money, it will teach them responsibility.
* Get multiple quotes - the exact same car insurance with different companies can vary as much as $1,000 a year. That's $10,000 over a ten-year period that you could save by spending a few minutes online comparing quotes.
* Shop online - shopping online to get quotes from different insurance companies is the quickest and easiest way to compare rates and get cheap auto insurance for your teen.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com or click on the following link to compare auto insurance rates from top-rated companies and get cheap auto insurance for your teen. You can get more auto insurance tips by checking out their "Articles" section.
The author, Brian Stevens, is a former insurance agent and financial consultant who has written extensively on how to buy cheap auto insurance for teens.